BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:32:44 -0500
Met History wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/2004 9:41:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>     So yesterday, for work, seeing as I'm still a working Guy... I
>     went to a
>     church on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, off 5th Ave looking
>     out over Central Park, and sat in a large stone gutter (Donald
>     Trump's church) ... it being an Episcopal Church...
>
> Am I right?  Only one Episcopal(*) Church between 5th-Madison, 59th to
> 110th, that's the 1903 Edward the Martyr on West 109th Street, ca.
> 1904, designed by George A. Bagge.    I am glad we have brought Mr. T
> over to *the dark side* but you mean he goes to pray in Spanish
> Harlem?        Yrs 4ever,  Common Cup
>
> ps funny i always figured him for a christian scientist
>
> pps but there is that cool Percival Goodman synagogue on 62nd or 63rd,
> flat modernist plane of limestone punctuated by tiny, oval windows,
> like an alien waffle iron

This one is limestone & a block north of the Guggenheim facing on 5th to
the park.
Is this the Upper East Side or some other designation and I got my
geography skewed?
Heavenly Rest. I sure hope they are Episcopalian after my sounding off
on Gibson's Passion the other day.
I'm curious about the building.
I've never seen the Donald there... just rumors of a ghost. We all know
religion can be worn like an old coat.
The first time I visited was not too long after the organ had caught on
fire... which did an interesting job on the limestone.

][<