BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:03:24 -0200
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I think he said it was the best pizza parlor he'd ever been in; not,
> the best pizza he'd ever eaten.

If I have learned anything from BP it is to be specific in what I write.
I thank you COD.

It was the best pizza parlor I have ever been in and it was in Raleigh,
NC. In fact there were some places that Dan took us to that rival
anything buried in the most wannabe corners of NYC in class. Only thing
is you can't seem to get a decent cup of java. I have not yet found the
best pizza. Spastic Beach sports Onofrios that was listed in the NY
Times by sum numnuts gourmand as the best pizza parlor on Lung Island...
but I far prefer John's down the street that is the big brick 2 story
bldg. painted gaudy pink and the owner whose husband died a few years
ago challenged her clientelle that if they would raise $5,000 for cancer
research she would shave her head... and she did. In the evidentiary
incriments of unveiling it took me a few weeks to figure that out. They
make good pizza -- that was easy to figure out. Now calzone... that is
another topic altogether. I've been to the legendary pizzarias of NYC --
forget which famous one we wolfed down slices before going to watch
Borges on the telly at NYU... and none of them hold a candle to the
kasha knish place on Houston as to superb! There is something to be said
for mastery of trade... histo presto content.

So, in the spirit of heritage food... what specific food do u go by to
judge the culture of a territory that you have landed in?

As in the 'meatloaf test"? Is it the philly cheese steak knock-off? Is
it the sand in the clam chowder? Wot do u use as a food index to figure
out the lay of new land? Today my local KFC i cld not understand wot
they wer sayin at the drive-up kiosk and in the end i had to eat my cole
slaw w/ three fingers while sitten outside the parkin lot of the etalian
meat estabulary adverting $99 for a full freezer of beef. Usual I drive
down to the coast.. but the LIRR was blockin me way south to da water.
Me, I just wish I could figure out how to order keilbasa in Polish Town,
Riverhead. Blessing, all politics is local.

][<