BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:25:49 -0500
Met History wrote:

> That was great - thank you - next time I'll ask for lovemaking tips.
>
> Question #2:  Just hypothetically, if some idiot broke off a steel screw
> about 1" deep into a lead anchor inside a mudset tile wall - how would the
> idiot get it out?
>
> Signed, Christopher Gray

A guy might spend some time, gently screwing a bolt, the steel will self
thread the lead,  gobbed w/ gap filling Iso [insdustrial crazy glue available
@ garret wade ave of amer & spring st] into the shield & the alternately
pulling & pushing on it. Since your in the bathroom some petroleum jelly @ the
adjacent tile surfaces would be in order.  As he wears down the barbs on the
shield it should start to extract a little more w/ each pull, so that this guy
might get to the point where he feels that he has enough of the shield out
that he can cut it w/ nippers and expose the root of the broken screw which he
would next grab w/ a pair of pliers & back out.  The lesson here is lead
shields are for shit so w/ a little perseverenc a guy can probably get them
out.
Somehow I suspect that you might have an old pair of hemostats in the kitchen
drawer that you might put to good use easing the lead shield out.

Of course if a guy's insurance was paid up, he might insert the oversize screw
and use it as a conductor for the heat he will apply w/ an acetelyne torch in
an attempt to melt the lead.

Drew "don't try this at home" Diaz