BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:45:05 -0800
 Cuyler,  Thanks for the info.  I'll pass it along.  Ruth

From: "Ruth Barton" <<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Water Wheel Mess - Sorry

> Cuyler,  Very interesting.  You live in a lovely part of the world.  What
> is that huge mountain just behind the wheat field?
It is called "K Mountain" because of the giant letter K formed by the
central scree slopes.   The mountain is over 6,000' elev. and the valley
bottom is 1,100' elev.   The valley is surrounded by mountains, each with
its own very distinct visual character.  It is a visual joy and views from
the mill are magical, especially in that you can see nothing of the modern
world from there.

> I am particularly interested in water powered mills as the Putney
> Historical Society has just been given a water powered mill in town and
> they are in the process of figuring out what to do with it.
Do you know of SPOOM (Society for Preservation of Old Mills)?
<http://www.spoom.org>www.spoom.org
It is an excellent organization of institutions, pros and aficionados.
Great magazine every two months.  There are some historic restoration
millwrights in your region, contactable through SPOOM.   (of course, I am
always willing to hit the road)

For a real molinological treat, check out Ted Hazen's  -  Pond Lily Mill
Restorations web site.   He is my choice for consultation about any aspect
of planning or doing.

<http://www.angelfire.com/journal/pondlilymill/index.html#anchor152906>www.angelfire.com/journal/pondlilymill/index.html#anchor152906

cp in bc

--