BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:43:08 -0400
One more message before I cross the proverbial and actual Ambassador
Bridge:

Custom Windows are the cadillac of replacement windows.  The othere you
mention are, at best, adequate, although I have no experience with
Win-Vent.  The other three try, but Custom tries harder.  You want to
replicate the bevel, but keep the profile thin, and try to match opening
vents or thickening of sticking at openings.  Bring sketches or photos
and we'll continue this question in Toronto...

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:44:31 EDT
From:    Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Window companies

Esteemed colleagues of the contractor persuasion,

We are looking at several window companies for a tax credit project
(factory) that needs replacement windows. We have all the info we need
on the muntin profiles etc., but we need to know about the quality of
the windows.

Is anyone out there familiar with any (or all) of the following window
manufacturers and their products:

Win-Vent
EFCO
Graham Architectural
Traco

I may not respond immediately since I will be bar-hopping with Ilene and
Robert at the APT conference until next Monday and may not be able to
access my email, but I sure would appreciate any info you folks can
provide.

Thanks,

Mary
Mary Delaney Krugman Associates, Inc.