BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:09:51 EST
Re: >Intimidation by clients<

I think the ones who scare me the most are those who can come up with a
recalled quote from Old House Journal to indicate their knowledge of what they
have hired you to do but of course have never seen the particular thing or
process. Makes me cringe. The client who calls in March to request that we
begin a design so that the work can be done for the May Card Party is
particularly disheartening. Schedule driven projects strike fear into my
heart, especially if the client has no concept of the ultimate results of
laying bricks in snow. At one time when I was on the other end of the hammer I
recall that each day the client's warning words as she left the house were
"don't forget about the card party!"  Still makes me shivver.

Twybil