BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:54:47 EDT
Chris,

Every word ][<en says is true.

Be glad your contractor is willing to hose you for 30% extra to clean your
building:

A well-known sometimes abrasive mannered contractor working on  a great and
historic  metropolitan edifice basically told the owner he had cleaned as
much as he felt like, he couldn't clean it any more, it would delay removal
of the sidewalk bridge (which Owner was paying for directly anyway!), it was
gonna cost $250,000 to spray water (not even chemicals!) on it; it was gonna
be all dirty in a couple of years/months/fortnights/minutes anyway so why
bother; and basically 'I don't wanna play anymore even if you pay me;  and,
go fuck yourself (yet another Construction Industry Term of Art with a
different meaning than the crude one you might think).

So ask your contractor whether he prefers his extra in gold or platinum, and
whether it would be more convenient for him if you deliver it to his house on
Montauk or Aspen.

Goddammotherfuckingsonofabitchbastardcocksuckingassholes. [see above re:
nomenclature].  Except ][<en.

A. Architect