BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
adaptive re-use is from the department of repetitive redundancy division <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:06:18 -0500
>     There are a bunch in NJ; every now and then the NYT writes a
>     cityscapes-like piece for us yokels who know the alphabet and
>     stuff; I think there are some (concrete houses) in Union, and
>     maybe West Orange.  You could look it up.
>
> I would very much like to find any existing of Edison's concrete houses.
Thnx Ralph,

Alphabets are nice. I am reading 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' the
autobiographical work by Jean Dominique Bauby. Due to a stroke he was
paralyzed in all but the lid of his left eye and his neck.  After coming
out of coma  and working with a 'speech' therapist, though he could not
speak, he essentially dictated his memoir with the blink of his left
eye. In French someone would read off the alphabet in order of the most
common to the least common letters. ESARINTULOMDPCFBVHGJQZYXKW. He did
not have much else to do with his time but lay about and think through
what his next sentences or words would be. It is a small format book,
slim, not too many pages. Good for slow readers. There is a movie coming
out about him. I wanted to see what the man would say for himself. I am
at the point where he wakes up to find a brusque ophthalmologist sewing
shut the lid of his right eye. As I understand he died a few weeks
before the book was published.

The world is full of a whole lot of curious things that we may never see.

Best,
][<en