BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Trieb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 06:26:50 EST
Does anyone have suggestions on treatments to remove offensive smells (acrid,
origin/cause unknown) from a residential interior. Building is a large
(6-7,000 sf ) brick Georgian Revival with all the trimmings: impeccable
plaster, wonderful paint, and great period details.
During a recent period from late December thru mid January, we had typical
Western NY winter weather which resulted in extensive condensation forming on
interior plaster walls/windows of one room that was being painted (high
humidity levels from paints, plaster repairs).
I'm wondering if mildew/spore/bacterial growth may have resulted somewhere
causing these noxious smells.
Any help always appreciated.

Peter Belden Trieb
Historic Preservation Consultant