BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:53:04 -0600
Oh calm down Christopher.  We are on the same side.  (Which is not to
say we are in agreement...especially with that 3rd term stuff...I don't
want three terms of George, and neither of us wants Bill to return for
a third.)  I was not speaking specifically of Iraqi democrats, but the
world's democrats in general.

Iraq is special.  We rather overtly engaged in domestic politics there.
  I don't think you are being completely honest in your apparent
surprise that Iraqi's seem to include the use of violence in their
political campaigns.  Its a local traditional expression of the
democratic process.  If they choose to use it against us, well, they
must think we are campaigning for a role in their government.  Now how
could they have gotten such a silly idea?

-jc