From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:24:06 -0800
as you said the best radio is the one I know.  That is indeed the problem,
it takes us so long to get comfortable with a rig and we really can't do
that, even in the store.  It just takes too much time to learn the
controls.  I love my 2000.   I wanted it for satellite work and also got
the 1296 module.  The menus speak very very well.  Only thing that does
not is the pl tone select.  That does beepat the bottom or top, so that is
good.  Setting mike gain, power and so forth also beeps at top and bottom.
One thing I really find anoying is there is a small tuning knob for the
secondary receiver on the right of the radio.  I'm forever bumping this
thing and changing frequency.  I asked, and Kenwood says there is no way
to disable this.  anyone else have this problem?

I was also wondering if the radio you have has a key pad on the remote
head  I should take a look at one of those next time I get to a e s.

I don't know if there are optional filters for the 2000 or not.  I thought
all that was configurable digitally.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr