From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2006 13:07:43 -0700
Hi Phil,

I haven't had experience with that Alpha Delta antenna but can relate my
experiences with the company.  I purchased the DX-A which is the Twin Slope
that works on 160, 80 and 40.  I found that with it installed as instructed
with a beam on the top of the tower for a top hat, it worked pretty much as
advertised.  I seemed to get out well with it on 160 and worked a good deal
of DX on 80 and particularly 40 meters with it installed.  Unfortunately,
when I put my quad on the tower instead of the beam, it didn't work very
well any more because of the different effect of the beam providing a plain
for a top hat versus how a quad is configured.

In working with Don, their technician, he predicted this would occur and I
have found that he is quite knowledgeable and is usually right on his
information and estimates of how their antennas work.

I guess the basic sentiment here is that they seem to pretty much work as
advertised when installed according to the instructions.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.  Take care and very 73.
Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX