From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:41:02 -0500
I like PayPal although I don't use it that often.  Once one has allowed
one's bank account to be verified, I have found no hidden fees although
I have heard a few complaints (Anthony Vese was one of the complainers)
that a fee was deducted from what they received as my payment.  But this
was before I had my bank account info verified (PayPal will accept
initial payments with a credit card but gives one many incentives to set
things up so that direct withdrawals from one's checking account can be
made for subsequent payments with the credit card as a secondary source
of funds).  My only initial gripe was that a $5.00 handling fee was
charged me of which I was unaware although it might have been in the
fine print.  Since I allow direct withdrawal from my checking account,
though, there are no fees on my end.  So I like it.

The only other caveat is that to get a way to read those graphical
letters PayPal uses for initial verification when you apply, you must
click on the help link and then you'll find a link to a somewhat garbled
version of a sound file giving the letters.  The distortion is
deliberate.  You are allowed many tries, though, so you'll eventually
enter things correctly.

As I say, I like PayPal.

Mike Freeman