From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:05:08 -0700
after the article in qst came out with the list of lid like behaviors and
activities, me and a couple of other local hams, who have a great sence of
humour and aren't as straight laced as some other local FM repeater
operators, decided to put on a LID net.
We did it on april first, april fools day, and ran a check in net on the
local repeater system...but for lids only...we had 5 check ins...and after
the net, there were allot of fireworks lol.
One of the club executive, drunk out of his head, got on and was ranting and
raving about our bad operating practices and how we should all have our
licenses revoked...of course, he didn't identify once, swore about 3 times,
and used someone elses call twice in his monologue...I think that in itself
was better than our attempt at humour with the LID net.
The repeater maintinence crue thought it was hilarious, and we got prior
permission from the repeater callsign holder to do the net...it's all
recorded somewhere.

73
Colin, V A6BS