From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:50:09 -0600
Noticed a disturbing thing this morning.  Compared the tune out put with
the ssb out put on my ts-480.  It seemed a lot lower on SSB.  So I made the
same test using the Omni d.  Same marks if not a bit lower on the Omni, but
much higher on SSB using the Omni.  Is this a charictoristic of newer
radios to make cleaner audio?  I don't know the difference in watts, just
listening on my tuning oscellator.  I figure running 100 watts, you need
every watt you can get on phone.    This is my first modern radio.  Well
actually I have had modern radios before, but modern then is thirty years
ago now.