From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:03:21 +0100
Hello

Further to my previous read long before this one!

I bet the network cables are acting as superb radiators of the crud from
your other machine.

try disconnecting from the network and see what happens.

If this is the source, then two things.

1.  coil up the excess of network cable (or the rj45 cable) into a loop
about 9 inches diameter and tying it with tape, ties or whatever else.

2.  Put ferrite beads onto it near the computer and near the network
socket.

If you use the clamp-on type, make sure that you tighten them fully as
if the loop is not complete round the cable you are wasting your time
doing it at all.

David

I think you wrote  below <[log in to unmask]>,
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Hi Lou,
>
>We tried turning off the monitor and the result was the same.  The next
>thing to try is ferrite cores on the cables.  The only things hooked up to
>the computer are: a montor, keyboard, mouse and network cables.
>
>Russ

David W Wood