From:
Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:19:58 -0700
    Watched Bill Moyers tonight on PBS, main topic was, yep, about
broadcasting.  Very interesting.  It was no surprise that big business is
the reason for so many undesirable changes in many areas.  But sitting here,
I do not see just how entrenched they are.  A single company that can and
does own many tv stations, even more radio stations, newspapers, Internet
dot coms, cable and service providers, etc.

    Yet it was a young guy in Mississippi I think, whose home brewed radio
station survived Katrina, and kept the local community up to speed on the
state of affairs.  He was only one of 4 other stations out of 40 that stayed
up.  And was still the only one still operating 9 months later.  Think he
was operating a 500 watt FM station and with some help after the storm, went
to 2000 watts to reach more lcoals.

    Vewry interesting program.

It is impossible to travel faster than light, and certainly not desirable,
as one's hat keeps blowing off.
 -- Woody Allen
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon