From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:42:34 -0400
Sure, in  that perfect world solder is better, but the truth is that most
sighted hams have a hard time getting full  contact with the braid, as well
as the real possibility of melting the center insulator.  If it was a piece
of cake, there wouldn't be 400  "better" ways on the internet to solder
them.

To each his own.

73, Steve KW3A