From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 23:14:35 -0500
Removing your message to see whether this prevents mine from being loaded
with equal signs, etc.
Mike, VO1AX, owned an FT-450 (not the D model) 2 to 3 years ago and ran it
as a remote station. He should have a lot more information than I do. The
450 series has some of the features of the 950 I use, but with fewer
options. I think you only have a couple of receiver selectivity options,
three fixed mike gain settings, keypad cannot be used for frequency entry,
etc. The defaults are pretty good for SSB and CW. When I was in the market
for a new transceiver to replace my Drake C-line in 2008, I decided that the
FT450 didn't have enough flexibility to suit me. So I ended up with a rig
with no built-in voice output at all, but a lot of capabilities.
Anyway, I don't remember whether we have any other FT450 owners on the list,
but I think it could make a good general-purpose radio.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com