From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:27:29 +1200
Hi John!

Keep knocking. You've been very fortunate.

My Vista machine got hit with one of those self perpetuating viruses several
months back, and it didn't happen because of an attachment, but it was
caused just because I opened an Email from someone I knew who is a public
official. He didn't hit me deliberately; It was just one of those peculiar
accidents that can happen despite everyone's best efforts.

I run Eset smart security and run malware bytes oaccasionally and haven't
had any more trouble, but ultimately nothing can completely prevent you from
being hit, regardless of how up to date you may think you are.

I've also been advised to dump internet explorer because it is a favourite
infection tool, but I don't care for the accessibility of Firefox, so that's
the way that goes.

73,.
Dave