From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 22:05:17 -0500
I have been thinking a lot about that new tmv71, so I decided to move my old
yaesu vhf/uhf radio back in to a comfortable operating position.
It's around sixteen years old, and I forgot most things about it.  I am
wondering with clues, if anybody has this radio, and can tell me about it's
mmemory capabilities, and  how to do it.  I forgot most of the buttons, and
I lost my file discribing how to run this radio.  I think it was a Word
Perfect 5.1 file, so I lost it a few computers ago.
I think the radio is a yaesu ft-27-h, but nothing like that came up on a web
search.
The radio runs vhf and UHF, has separate antenna pigtails for each band.  It
has PL encode and decode, and can you believe it from yaesu, the frequency
and pl tones as well as memory chanel and VFO all speak from a button on the
mike.
It's 25 watts per band, and does not receive out of the ham bands.  It works
better than I thought, which is making the justiffication more difficult.