From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:15:21 -0400
true, but I think it's worth a try anyway, I have had it not ask for the CD.
*climbs up on his soap box, everyone, always, always, always, keep your CD's
that come with your computer and keep them handy just in case. Put them in a
zip lock bag as I do with all the manuals and drivers and stuff, what ever
it takes but know where they are. As a person who makes money off fixing and
building computers, I can say when some one brings a computer to me and says
they threw out the cd's (which does happen) or they lost them, or they
didn't think I'd want them though I told them to bring them when they called
me, it makes the job a lot harder and often jacks the price up. Also, if you
need to reinstall windows or a driver, or something, it makes things a lot
harder. I have a box over here, in that box are bags of all the CD's and
manuals, each bag is for a different computer, so if anything goes wrong, I
can just grab the right bag and I'm in business. If you buy a computer used,
ask for the CD's or backups. I have sold people a new copy of windows beyond
the price to fix the computer because they didn't have the CD I needed. I
could have got around it but it wasn't worth it. I have a brother that way,
throws everything out no matter how many times I tell him not to. *climbs
back down*  OK, I'm done.