Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:56:41 -0400
Tom,  try pressing the 7 key.  You may have enabled the tone squelch
function.  The default on that key is the low tone meaning no tone at all.
The first press after the default will give you tone encoding on the
transmit signal.  If you press it again, you get tone encoding for opening
the receive squelch.

hth,
Steve, k8sp