From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:03:38 -0400
Hi Anthony.

It probably isn't blank--it probably is a PDF document that contains
pictures of all of the pages in the manual.  You need a way of performing
OCR on the file before it will be JAWS readable.  There are two ways to go
about that.  First, if you own Open Book Version 6 or later, or Kurzweil
1000 Version8 or later (maybe even earlier versions will work), you can
simply open the PDF file, and the reading program will do OCR on it as if
it were running through your scanner.  Then, just do a Save As and put it
into a more screen reader friendly format.  Your other alternative, if you
don't have one of these bank-busting programs is to buy a program like
Premier Assistive Technology's PDF Magic which will scan your PDF, do OCR
on it, and give you your choice of 11 different screen-reader friendly
formats for $59.95.

I think one or the other of those methods should recover the text portion
of that manual.  Now, whether or not it will make any sense minus the
pictoral drawings is a whole other matter!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:16 AM 7/6/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone;
>
>I tried downloading  the manual from Kenwood's site for the TM-V71A and the
>document appeared to be blank.
>
>Does anyone have the manual in any kind of format?
>
>Thanks & 73 De Anthony W2AJV
>ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389
>

>--
>8:00 PM