From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:54:47 -0700
well that is just it, i havent tried any yet because of the cost of buying
the radio and then buying the software plus the cost of the cable...by the
time your done with that it can get pricy, even if you can get the software
off of the internet, wich, by the way, you can find almost any motorola,
midland, kenwood, icom, yaesu, tate, relm or most other brands of software.
After buying radio and programming cable and then to just find out that its
unaccessible hasn't been something im willing to try yet...and dont know
anyone around here that i can test with radio and software that will let me
have a go at it.
Also, alot of the software is dos bassed and requires slow machines...no
speech synth here yet that will work with Jaws for dos..but im working on
that  end as well...got a midland 1336B camercial radio that ide like to
program but it uses a dos bassed programming software..

Regards
Colin