From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:34:35 -0500
Hi Butch, Sorry, I have no key chart at all, haven't had my hands on one of
these lil radios in several years.  I know when I got my first vr500, I
talked with someone at Universal Radio, Steve Somebody or other, very nice
guy who went through at least the  keyboard layout with me, and gave the
primary, and the alternate or secondary/FN+key functions so that I had at
least a beginning understanding.   I recorded that phone conversation, but
have moved since then, and have no idea where that tape got to.
Unfortunately, I had no  talking computer at that point.
If you have no immediate sighted help, As you have time and opportunity, on
a quieter/after holidays are through day, maybe call someone at AES, or go
by there, and have someone go through the keypad with you, recording the
results.   I wish I remembered more.  My guess is that somewhere, there's a
vr500 users' group, maybe on yahoo?  Usually folks in a users group can be
very helpful.
I talked with Gary Lee, on this list,  last night, and I think he found
something in an eham review which mentions exactly how to get to the
"narrowing" sequence.
Keep in touch, as I think of possibilities, I'll chime in. dd.