From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:56:01 -0800
Hi All,

I've had pretty poor luck getting information on this subject so will try
here again.  It doesn't seem there are many people on the blind-scanner
list.  <GRIN>

I was appointed recently as the leader of our club's emergency
communications response team for our city.  In order to gain more
understanding of how we might best augment their comms, I need to be able to
listen to them.  Trouble is they are using one of these trunked systems.  I
have identified three handheld scanners as possibilities for me.  They are
the Uniden BC-245 and Radio Shack Pro-94 and Pro-95.

Can anyone on the list speak to the accessibility by a total for any of
these?  Also, does anyone know the differences between the two Radio shack
models?

thanks much and I really look forward to getting some usable information
from this group.  Very 73 to all.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450