From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:19:00 -0000
I have been watching this list for some time, trying to get a sense of the
difference in general coverage receive between the vx-5, and the thf-6a. I
get the sense, that the thf-6 has better coverage, in as much as the vx-5
stops at about 16.000mhz, and doesn't have anything like a b f o capabiity.
But, I also wonder if the sensetivity of the 2 radios are comparible.
I have found that the vx-5, compared with my yupiteru 7100 really falls
down.
Certainly on the hf bands, if not on the frequencies from 88 mhz, and above.
The only thing the vx-5 has, which makes me keep holding on to it is 6
meters fm.
We have a local repeater, as well as an eqso link on 6.
Henry Brugsch
http://listentohear.co.uk
mailto:[log in to unmask]
phone: +441562820090