From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:16:53 -0800
Hi Ed,

I absolutely love mine.  It is far superior to the 2000, both in the
receiver and it's overall accessibility.  If you read the manual carefully,
you learn that even the meter will speak it's readings when you inquire
which is something I've never seen before.  Last week I had it in the CW DX
contest and set the shift to 400 and bandwidth of the DSP to 250.  I would
tune across a station, totally in the clear, and think the band was dead
until I turned the tuning knob slightly and another station would pop into
the receiver.  I've also found that you can narrow the DSP in SSB to 1000 Hz
and still have very intelligible audio through it on a crowded contest band.
I haven't found anything yet I don't like about the radio.  I'm not so happy
with the Heil Goldline as a matching mic but I don't feel that is the radios
fault.

One last item.  Kenwood just came out with an update for the firmware.
Thursday night I was able to successfully run this update and only needed my
wife to read the display on the radio twice to confirm firmware versions.
This was amazing to me.

I hope that answers your questions.  Please feel free to write me with any
others.

Very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX