From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:40:19 -0600
Simon:
if you are planning on using these in the PMR446 service, then you would
still be doing so illegally since these radios can not be set for anything
lower then 1 watt of output power, well over the legal limit of 500MW, one
half watt, for those frequencies.
Also, since these are designed for commercial use, the antenna is removable,
also against PMR446 regulations.
So, unless you have your own private licensed frequency, which anyone
selling you these rigs would be quite within their boundaries to ask for
confirmation of, you are still asking to obtain radios which you will use
illegally.
If i am wrong about the PMR446, then please enlighten us all as to your
desired use of these rigs, since they do indeed have the ability to be
programmed inside the UK 70CM amateur band limits.
No one is bullying you either, so get off that soap box and be normal like
everyone else and be a little forth coming about your wishes and status.
73
Colin, V A6BKX