From:
Georgina Joyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 15:48:34 +0100
Hi Simon

I'm sorry, but you keep asking difficult questions of the radio community.  Many of us will NOT assist you in breaking the law.  You keep buying amateur transmitters and now your asking for a CB antenna, which I understand to be an ilegal CB UK band.  Or is this yiki wrong?

   Many CB users who witnessed the noisy and unruly conditions on 27 MHz wanted to get away from all that and use
   the superior 934 MHz UHF CB allocation. In fact, the cost of cutting edge (at the time) UHF radio equipment
   meant that only the more serious CB operator would use the band, a nice though expensive haven for mature CB
   operators, and radio hams who didn't like the 'red tape' of amateur radio. At first the range was limited, but
   as antenna restrictions were lifted and better equipment started to appear, the number of UHF CB operators
   grew. The 934 MHz band was eventually discontinued by the government on [23]31 December [24]1998 due to low
   user numbers. The main reason for the public refusing to accept the 934 MHz band was its cost (up to £500 for
   a radio), coupled with the fact that by the time reliable Japanese equipment became available in the
   mid-1980s, most people had opted for the noisy and cheap 27 MHz, or gone on to take the Radio Amateur Exam.

I suggest that you undertake the amateur exams and you'll develope the skills to build your own antennas legal or ilegal but don't ask us to do it for you.

Gena
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 08:20:10AM +0100, goshawk wrote:
> hello list,=20
> I am looking for a good 934MHZ aerial, for both transmit and receive =
> please. I would prefer a vertical rather than a beam.=20
> if anyone has one to clear out, or knows where there are any going, =
> please email off list to,=20
>
> Simon=20

---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux