From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:00:02 -0500
Hi.  Maybe I'll have to look to Elecraft for my next HF rig--I don't hear
anyone complaining about their quality or performance.

I'm thinking that the TS790A was around $1700 new, and I bought mine used
from AES for $900 plus the cost of a VS2 voice synthesizer.

If Icom did better in the accessibility arena, I would have left Kenwood
for Icom a long time ago because they just have a better knack for building
good quiet receivers, as long as you stay away from their bottom end radios.

My point is that Icom Yaesu, and Ten Tec don't have any problem catering to
the high end.  And Kenwood used to build some very good stuff.
--Lou K2LKK

At 12:43 PM 2/3/2008 +0000, you wrote:
>Just another thought.
>
>Are we prepared to pay for high end rigs?
>
>My kenwood ts790 cost 1200 uk pounds probably close on 2000 dollars?
>
>My ts-950sdx was arround 3000 uk pounds again not sure in us dollars.
>
>Compare this to the ts2000 and other such units.
>
>I still wish there was more choice at the high end.
>

>--
>11:54 AM

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK