From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:18:19 -0800
It is the same radio as the 701, I mean exactly the same, only
difference is the control head.  I will send you the menu changes I've
made which will help as it redefines some microphone buttons, a for
example is speak frequency and d is the enter key.  Might be simpler if
I talked you through it on the phone some time with me in front of my
rig.  Here are my changes, write me privately at [log in to unmask]
and we can get together on the phone if you want.

Here are the things I change in my radios.
I thought this was a menu choice, but it is not.  To mute or attenuate
the band you're not using press function low to turn this mode on or
off.

009 Note 1 CON.REC Conversation recording OFF/ ON OFF 79
changed to on
111 new in version 2 of firmware.  sets mike sensativity. medium is
default. I had previously set these to high which had to be done via the
computer program before this.

201 RECALL Memory channel recall method ALL/ CURRENT ALL 34
changed to current
202 Note 3 L.OUT Memory channel lockout OFF/ ON OFF 44
haven't locked anything out yet.
403 Note 2 RPT.MOD Repeater mode CROSS/ A-TX/ B-TX CROSS 81
left this in cross mode.
405 Note 2 RPT.ID Repeater ID registration Up to 6 characters  82
set my call on the one in the house.
406 Note 2 ID.TX Repeater ID transmission OFF/ MORSE/ VOICE OFF 82
changed this to morse in the house
501 BRIGHT Display brightness OFF/ 1 ~ 8 8 62
changed this to 4.
507 PF1 PF1 key programmable function value See reference page FR.BAND
66
508 PF2 PF2 key programmable function value See reference page CTRL 66
509 MIC.PF1 Microphone PF1 key programmable function value See reference
page A/B 66
this is the delta or Dkey, bottom right. changed to enter
510 MIC.PF2 Microphone PF2 key programmable function value See reference
page MR 66
511 MIC.PF3 Microphone PF3 key programmable function value See reference
page VFO 66
changed to vgs for recorder, this is the bravo or b key.
512 MIC.PF4 Microphone PF4 key programmable function value See reference
page CALL (K/ M4 types)
1750 (E types) 66
this is the a or alpha key, changed to voice.
514 SC.RESM Scan resume method TO/ CO/ SEEK TO 43
changed to co for carrier
516 APO Auto Power Off time OFF/ 30/ 60/ 90/ 120/ 180 (minutes) 180 67
521 AUTO.PM Automatic PM entry OFF/ ON ON 41
changed to off in house
This isn't a choice unless you have at least one pm channel defined.

73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148