From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:26:38 -0600
I thought about the excess of RF energy going into the atmosphere as well
when I mentioned this the other day.
I suppose on the grand scale of things, even as many stations as were on the
air over the weekend, and even if all were transmitting 1500W, wouldn't
really be significant as far as controlling the ionesphere I suppose.
but, i've not heard europe blast in at 10 over S9 on 20M and 40 for years
either...and I listen on 20M everyday.
Even with my hotwater pipe receiving antenna, I was receiving huge signals
from europe today and yesterday.
Interestingly enough, the hot water pipe will tune with the ts2000 internal
tuner on 40 and I actually made a few contacts with strong 6's and 7's last
night.
today i used the MFJ stick on 20 and made contact with TM77M in france and
AR1A, QTH unknown as he's not on QRZ.
I am more convinced than ever now that the propigation and sun spot cycle
are ramping up for the better.
73
Colin, V A6BKX