From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:23:43 -0500
HI folks,

i've used the 706 with the voice board.

The voice board will give you frequency and mode, not sure about how
easy it is to program memories and stuff, as a friend of mine
previously programmed his.  His xyl's totally blind, hence the voice
board.

The menus for such things as power level and the like don't speak, and
they're wrap around menus.  I believe it stays in its last setting
too, but can't be sure.

I'm thinking of getting one for my xyl in my van, it will be just
preprogrammed then and set at maximum power, but for the shack I
wouldn't really want one here.

73 de kb0ruu

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.  But
this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is
somehow enobled and none dare criticize it.