From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:21:48 -0700
Tom and others,

I have owned mailing lists for over 10 years.  I used to see nearly 400
messages a day from all the lists I was on which were blind related.  Just
putting a subject line of Off Topic and another key word to follow to give
readers an idea of what it is about is all that is needed.  If they don't
want to read off topic mail, delete works fine.  Shoot, back in the days I
had all those mailing lists, plus all the ones I had subscribed to on top of
that, I deleted hundreds of messages every day, some even in mass, and it
never bothered me.  I have a computer friend, not a ham, who hates email.
He surfs and collects MP3 files and video big time but when I email him, he
rarely replies.  Half the time I don't get an answer until I call him on the
phone a week later, haw.  He told me once that if he gets 5 messages a week,
that's a lot.  Others, I have learned over the years, get to thinking that
anything that comes into their inbox, they have to read it.  Shoot, I get so
much junk email and so many viruses that try and come in as well, I refuse
to even open some email if it doesn't sound right.  Talk about off topic.
so sue me.

Phil.
K0NX