Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:07:02 -0500
hello all,
Just for those who knew i had taken a little break from this list, and
why i did, just saying i am back!  Also, i decided it had been long
enough that i haven't been on the air and next month or november, i am
going to try my darndest to buy a radio.  Well, antenna too but not
buying my own equipment before(i've always shared with my brother), and
being this is going to be from hamradio.com, will the antenna come with
coax attached that i would have to figure out a way to thread it through
the mount, or is the coax seperate, or is it a totally seperate
purchase, if it is a seperate thing, what ohms and rating, etc, would be
best for a 2/440 band radio, mobile
also, i am thinking of a mag mount to slap on the stove when i am not
using it or a clip/clamp type mount to clip to an entertainment center
or table(yeah i don't use my table for the intended purpose lol), so any
ideas for an antenna, mount, coax, etc, would be helpful, i am thinking
of the diamond nr770 i think is the model number
thanks
matt: kb0cly
ps. If i didnt say, i am leaning toward the kenwood tm271A