From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:47:33 -0500
Hi.

I've compared notes with a couple of other TS2000S owners in the Rochester
area, and my experiences seem to compare with theirs, so I don't think it
is an isolated incident.

What I do think is that the TS2000S is adequate for local VHF/UHF work--it
is when you are trying for those weak signals in those far away grids where
the SSB signal is near the noise floor that you really see the differences
between that radio and other radios like the TS790A.  I do also find that
it is helpful to ride the RF GAIN control with this radio more so than most
other models that I've worked with.

I want to emphasize that this is an issue for those that demand very high
receiver performance--and it is still good by 1960s or 1970s standards.  In
light of the Heath HW16 that I started with, the TS2000S looks pretty
good.  I used to give anyone I could hear on 15 meters a RST599 report with
the HW16, because the HW16 was so stinking deaf on 15 meters that if I
could hear them, they deserved a 599!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK