From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:53:49 -0400
Hi,

Perhaps the most classic example of a hoax is "The Great Cabbage Hoax." I
first heard of it in 1955 when I was taking a college level course in
discussion and debate.  There are many references to it on The Web.  I warn
you, the actual hoax was hundreds of words in length.  The definition of the
word "hoax" shown below tells of the word's purpose and suggests that its
target itself is not true, i.e., manufactured.

73:

Bob Martin
KC3FI

 to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false and often
preposterous
  –hoax£er noun

EchoLink Node - 55127
Please visit http://www.wan-leatonks.net.