From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:40:47 -0400
The sweep tubes in my FL2500 amplifier can't take very much abuse.  So I do
my tune-up by cranking the speed of the internal keyer all the way up, then
start sending dits.  This gives me a 50% duty cycle, and a better indication
of maximum possible peak power.  Because the 2500 doesn't have a tuned input
circuit, it will always look like a 1.5:1 or 2:1 SWR to the FT950, so part
of my procedure, before final adjustments, is to let the 950 tune itself up
into the input of the amplifier on the frequency of interest.  I also do
most of this tune-up into a Heathkit Cantenna dummy load, so I may not be on
my antenna until the last 10 seconds or so.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com