From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 17:02:12 -0400
There is some great reading about IPOC vs dab (Eureka DAB) in the
rec.radio.broadcasting newsgroup.  I have not listened to iboc, but I can
tell you I am not likely to jump onto the HD-radio bandwagon until the
material offered by HD-radio is better than that now offered by analogue
broadcasts.  I don't care to hear 20 minutes of commercials every hour, even
if it is in static free digital quality.  That's why I mostly listen to
shortwave broadcasts, public radio and college stations.

Here is one link from the newsgroup, if you search this group for "iboc
dab", you'll get lots more information.  Sorry for the long link, it might
be easier to have google to search the newsgroup.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.broadcasting/browse_thread/thread/2
48547dcc93e560d/8c3265037771cc13?q=dab+iboc&rnum=8#8c3265037771cc13

73, Ken -N5SWR