From:
Shirley Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:23:46 -0400
Harvey,
The number "3" key is the band selector.  If you use it by itself, it
changes between A and B bands.  You preface it with an enter key if you're
going to use it to enter frequencies.

You can monitor two frequencies at once or choose to only monitor one
frequency at a time.  You can monitor two ham frequencies or one ham
frequency and another frequency at the same time such as TV audio, etc. but
you cannot monitor two non-ham frequencies at the same time.  You don't have
to do anything specific to indicate out-of-band coverage, however, that
coverage is only available in the B band of the radio.  If you want to enter
a TV frequency and yo9u do not have it in a memory, you must enter it in VFO
mode.  If you know the frequency, you can enter it with the keypad.
Otherwise, you can go up and down the band with the VFO knob until you find
what you want.  You can also use the up and down portion of the "joystick"
button to do the same thing.  If you have the frequency stored in memory
that you want, you can either enter the memory number from the keypad or,
once you're in memory mode, use the tuning knob or "joystick" button to go
up and down in memories.

I hope I've answered most of your questions.

Bye for now.
Shirley N8LX