From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:43:10 -0230
Alan:

Have you decided on the remote method  you'll use to access Stan's super station?
I would sure love an opportunity to access an 80M Yagi or even a 40M. LOL
As it happens I don't have the resources or conditions up here in NL that would permit such an antenna farm.
Keep in mind, even if I was to invest in the 3 element Steppir that covers 20/6M, with a 40M add on, I'm looking at a cost of 2600USD plus the cost of a rotator and tower to support it, call it another 5GUSD most likely.
Then you gotta multiply all that by at least 50% for the exchange and duties etc. call it 12Gs. LOL
Certainly doable if you factor in other hobbies and wastes like we through about on the list yesterday but then there's Oldman Winter's negligent attitude to big antennas at 60 feet. LOL
Certainly some of us could buy the K0 terminal unit which could connect to other K-3 remotes any where in the world maybe you might want to explore that with Stan?
I'd probably would pay a monthly fee and buy the unit but not something nuts like say 3 or 4000 a year like other services are charging. LOL

73:
Mike DE VO1AX