From:
Gary Tillinghast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 01:09:29 -0500
Never.  They seem so reliable.  KB2YAA
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Gammon" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:28 AM
Subject: Possible dead voice guide chip in Kenwood rig.

Hello listers, I am writing regarding my recent intermittent
TMV-71A speech chip problems, it went out again yesterday.  I
took off the top and tapped and wiggled the voice guide chip
whereupon it started talking again.  However, today, it is dead
again.  This time I turned off the rig and unplugged the chip and
replaced it again.  That didn't fix it.  guess the only way to
check it out is to take it to my local HRO after finding out they
have a voice chip in stock and trying a new one to see if that
remedies the problem or if it's in the rig itself.  Has anyone
else had issues with the voice guide chip going out or being
intermittent? Jim WA6EKS