From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 16:05:09 -0600
I plan to set up a portable antenna in a rare county of Idaho this
summer for  some relaxation while in the mountains throughout May to
September.  I most likely will use a g5rv with a tuner to reach all
bands of planned operation.  It will be in an inverted vee
configuration.

I am looking for good suggestions for getting the apex of the antenna
as high as possible in mainly lodgepole  pines.  The trees are mostly
over 100 feet in eighth and I hope to get a line as high as possible in
the trees.  I am not confident  that I or my wife will be  able to do
this with a bow and arrow so was considering a sling shot or something
and spooling the leader line  from a stationary fishing real or
something.  Once the  leader is up I hope to pull heavier lines over the
tree branch and finally hoist the antenna.

Ok now give me some feedback on this and I will pick the best solution
that comes along.  I need to get parts and pieces before memorial day
along with other items like food batteries fishing licence tackle soap
and such grin.

Thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
VOLUNTEER SERVICES, BRAILLE TRANSLATION,
ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION RESOURCES
	http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/radio.htm

IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
(mailing
P O BOX 83720,
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
(Physical)
120 SOUTH COLE ROAD
BOISE IDAHO 83709

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax
208-334-2963

Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
http://www.iaais.org