From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:36:46 +1300
Hi Tom!

I think a watt meter that would report accurate information would be fine.
I'd rather it didn't talk, of course, because I'd rather get the information
in braille. If things must talk, and talk because there's no other way, then
please let it speak in English, and don't emit meaningless squeeks and
squawks  that I might hear without warning and only make me wonder what was
that supposed to mean?

Regarding the thin skins of the legal eyes, I saw an ad recently claiming to
offer to make documents more accessible, promising quick turn around of
quotes that would be competitive. It also mentioned that considerable money
could be saved if the original PDF document was provided for consideration.
With all that in mind, I asked them to give me a quot for making an Icom
receiver more accessible than I found it. I provided the original document
for consideration.

They did phone me within 24 hours as promised to say they could do the job
for $200 but questioned how I had acquired the document.

I'm not commenting on the price they quoted, but if they wanted their ad to
be taken as written, then they shouldn't have accused me of breaking some
law to get the document, when all I did was download the lousy document from
the Icom web site, which anyone could have done. I suspect if I had only
stated my need, they would have grabbed the document themselves to guide
them.

I concluded they weren't with dealing with and told them so. If they were
willing to do the job, that was the only question. I know accessibility is
expensive, but there was no point in offering a price that most would be
unwilling to pay if they were going to be all hot and bothered about
copyright.

73,
Dave