From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:22:24 -0400
Michael,

You just need to break the ptt line and put in some kind of switch to  close
the circuit and tx.  Heil makes an adapter for about 15 bucks.  It's about a
foot long and has a 8 pin round connector to  connect to the rig's mic jack.
there are 2 pigtails coming off it.  One is  a 1/8 jack for mic audio input.
The other is a  1/4 jack for ptt.

It's sold to connect something like the Proset Plus, which has a 1/8 plug on
the mic cable to your radio's 8 pin mic jack.  I've also modified my Gold
Line mic with a 1/8 plug, so I can easily change between the 2 mics  by just
plugging into the 1/8 jack on the adapter.   Also have a foot switch and a
hand switch paralleled to the 1/4 ptt jack on the adapter, so I can use
either switch for ptt.

Maybe you can find something similar for less, or roll your own if you don't
mind soldering to those 8 pin plugs.

73, Steve KW3A