From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:03:52 -0700
Hi, in the process of setting up my shack, I found a ground wire
clamped to a pipe outside the window.  The copper pipe goes to a
tankless water heater.  I am using the shield of some RG 8 that
is flattened out like a copper ribbon.  I just ran that through
the window which closes fine on it.  In checking the ground wire
with a multimeter, using the ground circuit from an AC outlet, I
got 0 ohms resistance so it seems to be working.  If you have a
nearby copper pipe that may work out well for you.  Jim WA6EKS