From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:16:56 -0800
Hi Tom,

The net was great today and I too think it will get better as the days grow
longer.  Although I'm not on Echolink, I could probably get that way and
would be willing to try something in future.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions for the net if it's OK.  First,
I'd suggest we agree on 14.258 or vicinity so we could move to 14.256 to
14.260 if we needed to do so to avoid QRM.  I had heard the station on
14.260 who complained of us causing him QRM but honestly wasn't sure we
would be a problem for him.  However, I noticed earlier before net that
14.257 would have been totally clear.  I guess we need to think of our
bandwidth and make sure we are at least as far away from anyone else as our
width would dictate.  Thus, if you have a 2.4 kHz filter, we might want to
make sure we are at least 2.4 kHz away from anyone else.  You could say that
we meet on or near 14.258 as you suggested on net.

Also, I think we need to ask stations to keep transmissions fairly short so
as to accommodate possible shifting band conditions.

Otherwise, great job Tom and thanks to all who did make the net.  Very 73
all round.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX