From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:48:14 -0600
In a previous iteration my first 40 foot mast with the identical guying as =
described previously 3 point 2 wires supported two log periodic antennas =
for 2 meters.  These were 11 feet apart horizontally in a vertical =
polarization and did a wonderful job of pulling out  some good fm dx in =
the late  1970s and early 1980s.  Again a micro burst dropped this tower =
and destroyed the logs.  the Rother was fine but I have never had the =
nerve to do stacked beams even lightweight ones like my logs were.  (FYI =
they were done on Seder booms with clear epoxy and weighed less than 5 lbs =
each.  They were 13 feet long as I recall and together gave me a respectabl=
e 14 or 15 dbi.

I have been tempted to design and build some quads with PVC but have-not =
done so yet. =20

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM=20
member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 =3D voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]> 10/23/01 01:36PM >>>
Before I put up two rohn 25G towers, I had a radio shack 40 foot push up
mast.  I had it bolted to the back of the house at the roof level and my =
80
and 40 meter inverted V antennas on it.  No guys except, of course, for =
the
antennas themselves.

Phil
k0nx